Monday, January 19, 2009

I am enough

So this time last year I had just moved to SF and I was in the creativity learning lab (learning lab=class or workshop). At one point we had 7 minutes to write a poem to the voice of fear in our heads. I am back in the class and this week we are facing those fears again. So I was reading through the old poem and I felt like posting it- read it like you are telling someone off, head bob and all. Then you should time yourself for 7 minutes and write own :)

I am enough


Stop
Leave
Speak only truth
I am done with lies
I know you reject me
But you are nothing and I am alive
I can
I will
I am…

Go
Flee
Run
You have no place
This is my sacred space
This is my time to hear the truth
I must stay
You must go
I can
I will
I am

I am enough
I don’t need more
I have my freedom
I am done
I am ready
I am able

Go
Run
Flee
I am not defined by you
I am defined by me
I am more than my accomplishments
I am more than my failures
I am
I am ready
I am able


Leave
Get out
You are doubt
I am courage
You are insecurity
I am strong
You are judgment
I choose grace
You are done
I am beginning
I am able

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin