Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beautiful Choas

"Hello!"
"Where does the food go?"
"Where can I chop this?"
"What do you want me to do?"
"Hi!"
"I haven't seen you in weeks!"
"Put me to work."

The kitchen was filled with people. The living room as well. The tiny apartment was crowded with love, energy, and close to 25 people. We chopped onions, attempted to make queso, burned some corn chips, forgot to buy plates and cups, cooked up a fabulous pot of rice, and created a feast!

Tonight was simple and beautiful. My community gathered together to celebrate God's provision, to craft a meal, to be present with each other, to learn from others experiences, to be in the presence of a Holy God as we enjoyed each other, and to feel just a bit of the Kingdom surrounding us.

3 comments:

David Montoya said...

Good evening,

To my preacher daughter...

Mom is on her way,
give her all my love,

Dad

Melanie Hopson said...

You know what? you are right. I was there and it truly was simple and beautiful. Thanks for organizing it!

Unknown said...

It was lovely :)

Ditto (aka Thanks for organizing it!)

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin