Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday

(Melody's Instagram of me at Brenda's)

Today was remarkably simple: I ate breakfast at Brenda's (my new favorite brunch place) with my dear friend Melody that flew up from LA for the weekend; I sat in my room and accomplished nothing aside from catching up on 3 weeks of Grey's Anatomy; I went to the gym; I stopped in to the hospital to visit a wonderful young woman that is in labor as I type (I left because it seemed that too many visitors really had to be overwhelming); and I finished the day with community group, where I listened to a good man tell his life story.

Days like today are simply fantastic. They are refreshing in the perspective they provide, and generally wonderful. Like I said yesterday- I am blessed. I just need to slow down long enough to be aware of it.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin