Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trying out the simplicity thing (AGAIN)



Fun fact #1: I became unemployed in December.
Fun fact #2: I am really bad at budgeting.
Fun fact #3: I love clothes and have a substantial wardrobe.
Fun fact #4: I feel like the people I know are really generous and I have my needs met.
Fun fact #5: I have been reading some budgeting blogs and decided I need to get back in the blogging game.
Fun fact #6: I am better at things when I am accountable for them. (aka: when I blog)
Fun fact #7: I am setting a goal to not purchase any unnecessary clothing or accessories for the next year. (yep, not until May 7, 2014) 
Not so fun fact: I have set this goal before and failed. So here is the idea- I am going to blog about it. Mostly by posting my outfits and other related information. Based on what I can remember about each outfit I will try to say cost, store of purchase, and how long I have had the item.

Here is todays outfit:

Necklace: handed down from my mother, Jacket: gifted from Jenny, Shirt: $10 Gap purchased at Buffalo Exchange, Bracelets: Purchased at Target in 2006; Sunglasses: $10 Buffalo Exchange, Jeans: Gap gifted to me by Christie, Shoes: Purchased at Ambiance on sale for $26


Necessary items that can be purchased are: undergarments, shoes when my current ones get holes, workout attire- but only when my current workout clothes have holes, running shoes - I will aim to borrow clothing for special events- I don't think anyone I know is going to ask me to a brides made in the next 12 months, but if it happens I will buy the dress 

I am choosing my clothes as my main focus because I feel they are one of the most significant ways that I am part of exploiting the poor in the world. You will notice that I mention some brands and stores that are not amazing when it comes to their justice policies. I will try to blog about that as well.

I am also going to try to take on some other spending cuts and share them. I know I need to rethink my spending on food and entertainment. 

I am being inspired by And Then We Saved, also once upon a time I read Your Money or Your Life, and I liked the $30 a Week blog when it was going.

Are any of you reading budget blogs? I would love to hear your suggestions!


So, yes I am finally crossing over into the blog world of people who post selflies - but I hope it is for a good cause.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin