Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Bye

In less than 2 months I have said goodbye/will say good bye to 5 people I adore. These are my notes to them.

Melody - Your sweet presence and honesty is so beautiful. Your simple joy and earnest heart; your questions and desire to act justly; these things made me so grateful to have you in my life. Your laugh at your wedding reminded me of how God delights in us and has delighted in the way you have chosen to live. I am so grateful that I was able to work on projects with you, our relationship was built on changing the world, one creative endeavor at a time.

Maggie - Every conversation with you has been real, transparent and inspiring. You have reminded me to seek God and trust God so many times. You have been a great listener. You have understood what I meant when I said that the city has brought out the best of who I want to be and challenged me to see the worst of who I can be. Our time together has been limited by busy schedules and hectic lives, but the time we had was meaningful and that is more than I could ask for.

Robin- Our ridiculous adventures and the way you listen and the way we spaz out - all of these things have been wonderful ways that, even in the small things, you have helped me grow into the freedom to be more of who I know I am. As we overcame anxiety together and faced the reality of post trauma. I appreciated how much you understood that part of me. I also love your innocence that is not naive, but intentional. It is beautiful! It has been a joy and I know that life has great things ahead of you.

Rach and Kevin- I love that our friendship was built on our mutual desire to end slavery. I am excited that your next adventure is taking you directly into the mix of child trafficking so that you can protect these children. I also love that I am inspired by your love story. I am so grateful that you chose to let me in on the great celebration that is your life together. The way you two love and support each other is inspiring. I love that you are wine drinking, clove smoking, care free spirits that are as in love with God as you are with each other.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin