Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kingdom

I urge you to still every motion that is not rooted in the kingdom. Become quiet, hushed, motionless until you are finally centered. Strip away all excess baggage and nonessential trappings until you have come into the stark reality of the kingdom of God. Let go of all distractions until you are driven into the Core. Richard Foster, Freedom of Simplicity

In a season of chaos, rushing from one thing to the next, cramming in drinks with friends before they leave for a week, as if it hasn't been months since we have seen each other anyway, I realize two things - genuine conversation with people I have not seen in months is seeking the kingdom and I am doing too many other things that aren't kingdom if the holiday rush is what forces me to sit down and chat with a dear friend.

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the calm of an empty city next week.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin