Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love this


A few weeks (months?) ago I wanted Jaclyn to go to Mumford and Sons with me; I also wanted a new piece of art. The above piece of art is a result of the barter we came up with. I absolutely love it. I love the reminder that each one of us is responsible for ourselves. No one else is going to make us happy or push us to succeed more than we ourselves can. I also love the image of roots and wings. The idea that our passions are most alive when both grounded in reality and reaching for the day dream of how things can be.

Side note: the actual art is a very vibrant yellow, but of the photos I took this one was my fave. If you want to see its beauty in person you will just have to come over some time and enjoy some coffee or wine with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have described the essence of this piece any better. That was a magical night and beautiful gift to me too!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin