Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Wisdom: Marilyn Monroe


So my heart might have hit little bump in the healing process in recent days. There is something about celebrating with people that reminds you how far away you are from others and it can be a bit killer. I miss home; I miss my sisters; and I miss my best friends. Nonetheless, it seems that every time I become more aware of my brokenness I am pushed more towards my healing. The joy of the past few days has out weighed the longing by far and I am grateful. The joy of being truly loved by so many wonderful friends sparks hope for further redemption.

In addition to my gratitude for so many wonderful people in my life I am also grateful for words of wisdom popping up from unexpected places. I stumbled onto a blog of a new friend Caitlin. As I glanced through her posts I found this quote:
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe

It had been left for her on a postcard in front of her house (who ever did that for her wins points in my world for being a fabulous person.) Anyway, as I read it my eyes watered a bit for the reality of all that I have lost and all that I have found. Like I said the joys of my life are out weighing the hurt, but the hurt has made caused them to stand out in stark contrast.

So here's to letting go, appreciating what is right, trusting myself, and falling together.

oh and one last thing before I go:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin