Monday, August 2, 2010

Designer Crush: Alice Saunders





(The above photos feature Alice's special collection read the story of the bags here.)

Last week on Design*Sponge they featured Alice Saunders of Forestbound and I developed a big fat crafter/designer crush! She uses found materials to make bags that I think are just gorgeous! I have always felt that it was a bit heart breaking that so many beautiful fabrics that were used for practical purposes just get thrown out after they are done. Thank you Alice for mending my heart break. These bags are beautiful! In addition to creating fabulous bags she seems to have a simply marvelous tool box, go here to to be tempted with all her fabulous decor.

Side note: I emailed her to ask permission to use her pics and she sent me the sweetest email back. I love people who are gracious and talented. I hope our paths cross in person someday, but until than I am just going to have to save some dollars to buy one of her bags.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin